Effect Date: March 22, 2012
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our Site and to deliver better services, products, and more relevant contents to our customers, prospective customers, and visitors. We may collect personal information by any of the following methods.
- Anonymous Site Visitor: If you visit our Site we may record information related to your IP address, cookie information, and aggregate information on what content you access or visit.
- Mailing List Member: If you choose to provide us personal information in order to subscribe to our mailing list or newsletter, we may collect information to aid delivery and preferences such as e-mail address and message performance statistics.
- Registered Site Member: If you choose to register on our Site, we may track broad site usage information as well as aggregate usage of website community features such as downloads and forums. This is in addition to the personal data collected during the registration process.
- Promotions: We may collect information to aid in any promotions or prizes offered by our Site.
- Game Software: If you install or use any of the game software offered by our Site, we collect and aggregate a variety of data to monitor system and simulation performance, and to verify your unique identity. This may include specific and general information about your computer hardware and Internet connection, which are stored together but are not personally identifiable. This is in addition to the personal data and other personal information collected during the registration process.
- Payment Transaction: If any payment transaction occurs on our Site, we collect information about such transaction, including credit card numbers or other billing information.
- Special Circumstances:
- Service Beta User: If you volunteer to serve as a beta user for pre-commercial content, we may track bug reports and potentially individual system performance in an effort to rigorously test pre-deployed technology.
- Former Customer: If you cease being a registered user with our Site, we will keep a copy of your registration file in our database for use in the event you wish to rejoin our service.
- Individuals Outside of the United States: Anyone using the Site from outside of the United States should be aware that personal information collected on the Site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which PEA or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using the Site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Use of Personal Data
We use your personal information for operational purposes only. We will only collect information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and our legitimate business objectives. We attempt to limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We use e-mail addresses to fulfill requests for services. For example, mailing addresses are used for the delivery of prizes. Occasionally, we share your personal information (e.g., e-mail address) with a third party sponsor, co-sponsor, or other reputable third party that provides products or services that may be of interest to you.
We may occasionally employ other companies to perform services necessary for our internal operations, such as companies that personalize our web pages, process credit card transactions, analyze customers’ interaction with our Site, and process consumer surveys. We also provide postal addresses to the U.S. Post Office for delivery purposes. While providing their services, these companies may access your personal information. These companies have agreed to securely store and maintain the personal information received from us.
Information Collected Through Technology
We collect information through technology to make our sites more interesting and useful to you.
Like most Internet services, we may also use log files on the server side. The data held in log files includes your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, e-mail application, Internet service provider, referring/exit Web pages, computer platform type, date/time stamp, and user activity (e.g., feature usage, user rankings, game statistics). PEA may use server log data to analyze trends, administer the services offered through the Site. IP addresses are not tied to any personally identifiable information.
In addition, the software enabling the Site may have associated log and temporary files that are stored on PEA’s servers. These files store your account information, preference settings, system notifications as well as other data necessary to enable you to participate on the Site. Your information may also exist within regularly performed server backups. The foregoing information is collected on an aggregated and anonymous basis.
When any game is updated or “patched,” our patch routine may check your computer to see that you have the most recent version of game-specific files.
Voluntary Disclosure of Personal Information
You may choose to disclose personal information in our online community features, blogs, or other public forums, directly to other users while using the Site service. Please be aware that such information is public information and you should not expect privacy or confidentiality under these circumstances. PEA shall not be liable in any way for such disclosure of personal information.
Except where you instruct us to remove your resume, we will keep the information for other consideration. If you need to update or otherwise make changes to you resume, simply resubmit a new resume.
Many PEA online and mobile products and services are intended for general audiences and do not knowingly collect, use or retain personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. When an PEA online or mobile product or service does collect age information, and users identify themselves as under 13, the product or service will either block such users from providing personal information, or will ensure consent is obtained from parents for the collection, use and sharing of their children’s personal information. We will not knowingly ask children under the age of 13 to provide more information than is reasonably necessary to provide our services. We request that any child under the age of 13 who wishes to use PEA’s online and mobile products and services obtain the permission of his/her parent or guardian.
Where Is The Information Held?
The servers and equipment on which your data is stored and processed may be owned and operated by third parties with whom PEA has contracted to receive, store and process your personal information. In addition, PEA and those third parties that it has designated, may further transfer, store and process your personal information on servers and equipment located in other countries. You should be aware that the data protection laws of other countries may not be the same as the data protection laws of your country of residence. By submitting your personal information to PEA, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this section.
Third Party Sites.
Our website may contain advertising or services which link to other websites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party. If you click on a link to a third party site, including on an advertisement, you will leave the PEA site you are visiting and go to the site you selected. Because we cannot control the activities of third parties, we cannot accept responsibility for any use of your personal information by such third parties, and we cannot guarantee that they will adhere to the same privacy and security practices as PEA.